Discover Our Farms in Ethiopia
Abyssinia Flowers can be seen as one of the pioneers in flower farming in Ethiopia. Now 14 years later, the size of the farm has doubled and our growing experience has grown to a high level.
Our farm is EHPEA Silver Certified as of March 2016 and currently applying for gold certification.
Years in Business
Hectares of Land
A PLACE OF CULTURE AND NATURE
As a flower growing industry is a very intensive way of production, Abyssinia, as one of its main goals, invest in nature.
We strive to have a good balance between flower production and nature. Wildlife in and around the farms is abundant and we keep it that way.
WE LOVE NATURE, SO WE RESERVE IT
We strive to have a good balance between flower production and nature. Wildlife in and around the farms is abundant and we like to keep it that way.
Therefore, with over 350 hectares of land, only 45 hectares are used for Floriculture and the other 85% is managed as nature reserve. Within a period of 10 years. the natural habitat around the farm surrounded with various kinds of birds and mammals has been blossoming and became true paradise.
HEALTH AND LABOR
- All farms follow the Code of Practice, certified by the government. All labor rules and laws are applied.
- The income of the employees is 25% higher than the other comparable workspaces.
- Women are independent by earning their own salary. The ladies' workforce is 65%
- Training in various subjects such as HIV. safe pesticide use and hygiene are given.
- The secondary school on the adjacent village is expanding with the contribution of the farm.